ARCADI PLA I MASMIQUEL. ARCHITECT. GIRONA, 1945
He began work as an architect in Girona since 1969. Founder member of AxA.
- First Award in the Competitive Tender for the Castellón de la Plana Museum, in 1971.
- Selected for FAD Awards in 1976, 1977, 1988, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2004.
- Honourable Mention at the Spanish National Urban Design Awards 1983 for the Girona Old Quarter Plan (with Fuses, Viader and
- First Bayer Award for Urban Design 1986.
- Bonaplata Award 1994 for his restoration of the former Can Joanetes factory (architect: Joan Roca i Pinet, 1929) as the new
headquarters of Olot Town Council.
- National Award for Cultural Heritage 1995, granted by the Government of Catalonia, for restoration of the church at Montserrat
monastery. This work also received the Europa Nostra Award 1997, and won a Mention at the Rehabitec Fair 1996.
- FAD Award 1999, of the Jury and Audience, for a low-cost housing condominium in the Sant Ponç District in Girona. This building
also won the Architectural Prize of the Year from the Official Association of Architects of Catalonia (COAC), Girona section, in
1998, and was finalist in the 5th Spanish Architecture Biennial in 1999.
- Bonaplata Award 2000 for the restoration and extension of the former Teixidor flour mill in Girona (architect: Rafael Masó, 1909-
1923) as the new headquarters of EL PUNT newspaper. This work also received the Quatrium Rehabilitation Prize 2002, granted in
Barcelona by the Real Estate Promoters Association.
- Architectural Design lecturer at Barcelona School of Architecture (UPC) from 1978 to 1995.
- Member of the end-of-course project jury at Barcelona School of Architecture from 1996 to 2005.
- Architectural Design lecturer at La Salle School of Architecture at Ramon Llull University (Barcelona) since 1997.
- Speaker on the Architectural Heritage Courses in 1985, 1987, 1991 and 2000.
- Speaker for the First University Seminars held in Alghero (Sardinia) in 1989.
- Member of the Technical Commission for Cultural Heritage in Girona from 1981 to 1987.
- Talks and courses at various schools and institutions in Catalonia and the rest of Spain (Pamplona, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Almeria,
Palma de Mallorca, San Sebastián), in Switzerland (Mendrisio), in Mexico (León, Guanajuato state, and San Luis Potosí), in Turkey
(Istanbul), in Germany (Aachen, Berlin and Munich), and in Brazil (Sao Paulo).
- Curator of the exhibition Paths in Catalan Architecture 1984-1991, organised by the Official Association of Architects of Catalonia
and presented in Barcelona, Lleida, Tarragona, Reus, Vic, Girona, Sevilla, Berlin, Potsdam, Brunswick, Turin and Munich.
- Member of the Council of Cultural Heritage (Department of Culture of the Government of Catalonia) from 1994 to 2011.
- Corresponding member of the Catalan Royal Academy of Fine Arts Sant Jordi for Girona since 2000.
- President of the Jury of FAD Awards 2009.
-Member of the Plan for Architectural Heritage. Generalitat of Catalonia. Culture Department 2010.