Mirrl ® is a solid surface material created in Glasgow, Scotland, through a unique process involving layers of tinted resin in different tones or colours onto Birch plywood.
We custom make Mirrl to order in small batches in our workshop, using a technique inspired by Japanese lacquerware from the island of Hokkaido.
Mirrl has a very distinctive organic pattern and we have a core range of 8 standard colourways to choose from:
• Affric – Peat/leaf green/pale tan. Inspired by the flora and ground cover of the Caledonian forest. Warm and earthy.
• Atlantic – Atlantic blue/metallic golden grey. Reflecting the colours of the stormy West Coast seas. Deep and shifting.
• Blaven – Black/dark grey. Taken from the gabbro rock that forms the Black Cuillin on Skye. Solid and weighted.
• Cirrus – Sky blue & translucent white. Reminiscent of long summer days. Bright and refreshing.
• Cosmos –Black/cartoon colours. Nebulae of colour floating in space. Graphic and weightless.
• Ermine – White/pale warm grey. A stoat in its winter coat. Crisp, light, fresh.
• Nuri-Red, black and gold. A Japanese tradition. Fire and Elegance.
• Usnic – Golden yellow/pale mint grey/soot. Based on hardy lichen clusters on dark rock. Bold and glowing.
But we can make any bespoke colourway you would like based on RAL or pantone codes.
Mirrl is suitable for interior and exterior use, is highly resilient and very easy to clean, maintain and repair. Because of its versatility Mirrl is well suited to many uses, including, but not limited to:
• domestic kitchen surfaces
• bathroom surfaces
• bar tops
• restaurant table tops
• exterior wall cladding.
Mirrl is not limited to flat sheets - it can be used in many ways – and we can provide sheets in different dimensions to the standard size (1200 x 2420mm). We have an experienced in-house build team: please just get in touch to discuss any special orders: www.mirrl.com email@example.com mirrl_ltd