PLACES OF ORIGIN represents a new generation of carpet. Eight qualities – available as broadloom or SL-Tiles – are made of100% regenerated ECONYL® yarn. These extremeley durable and lasting textile floorings feature an excellent ecological balance. W...
PLACES OF ORIGIN represents a new generation of carpet. Eight qualities – available as broadloom or SL-Tiles – are made of100% regenerated ECONYL® yarn. These extremeley durable and lasting textile floorings feature an excellent ecological balance. With its collection PLACES OF ORIGIN, OBJECT CARPET banks on ecological sustainability more than ever – not only in the selection of yarn, but also in the carpet manufacturing process. Innovative, high-tech qualities are created from state-of-the-art, material-saving tufting technology with the use of renewable energy sources. All eight qualities are free from bitumen, latex and PVC. As these carpets bind fine dust, they are also suitable for allergy sufferers (they are tested by the TÜV for this important property). Together with the positive acoustic properties the qualities contribute to a healthy indoor climate.
Nature was our source of inspiration for the pattern designs, each available in 6 hues. Fields, canyons, dunes, pack-ice, forests: we draw from a bird’s eye view of landscape structures that are very lively, yet allow the space to take precedence in their design. The essence of the product names have been transferred into the portraits and accessories of the room’s presentation. In the image of FOREST for example, a face of a forest farmer shows how the landscape can become apparent in a man’s face. The traditional German bobble hat – a direct symbol of the Black Forest – turning up as a stool. Or REEF which is depicted in the visual transfer of the Corallo sofa wire-sculpture. Start your journey of discovery and let yourself be inspired!
- All carpets of this collection are free from PVC and bitumen, bad odours and noxious emissions.
- PLACES OF ORIGIN: Broadloom and SL-Tiles are made of 100% regenerated ECONYL® yarn.
- 1.000 t of end-of-life fishing nets and other pre- and post-consumer Nylon waste, yield about 545.000 m² of new carpet flooring.
- Thanks to the use of ECONYL® yarn, reduction of greenhouse gases at production level of the raw material (caprolactam) is up to 80%.
- Through the collection of 1.000 t of end-of-life fishing nets worldwide and other pre- and post-consumer Nylon waste, ECONYL® Regeneration System reduces the use of about 3.800 t crude oil.
With its environment and resource-friendly PLACES OF ORIGIN collection, OBJECT CARPET is transforming green visions into reality. These 8 qualities are based on ECONYL® yarn by Aquafil – the first 100% regenerated Nylon yarn. Thanks to a special cross-weave of the fibre, the yarn is particularly dirt-repellent and concealing. In addition to its ecological properties, it is very resilient.