Our worldwide unique natural stone Silberquarzit is mined in South Tyrol / Italy at 1,500 m a.s.l. Silberquarzit is part of the former coastal strip of the ancient sea Tethys. Through the continental shift this tight quartzite band protrudes out vertically as a metamorphosed rock in the Pfitsch valley and can be mined there. The material is available in the colors light and dark, as well as with two surfaces of rough-cleaved (natural surface) and diamond sawn surface. After the blasting, the raw material in the quarry is carefully selected. Some blocks are produced with the diamond sawn surface, others are split by hand with a hammer and chisel (natural surface). Due to its unique properties, our natural quartz Silberquarzit is ideal for use in spa areas and swimming pools, as well as in the indoors and outdoors. There was noticed no growth of microorganism on the Silberquarzit surface. Additional Silberquarzit performs a totally frost resistance, low water absorption (0.2%), very easy to clean, high slip resistance (class R 12 - C) and resistance to acids, chlorine and salts. All these properties are satisfied by a natural product.
- antibacterial: absolutely no growth of microbiological organisms was detected.
- slip resistance R12 and "C" per DIN 51130 and DIN 51097 for barefoot areas
- salt resistance per DIN 52111-A as well as acid and chlorine resistant per DIN 52206
- totally frost resistant and a low water absorption of 0,22 %
- raw unit density: 2.65 t/m³ / compressive strength: MPa 288.7 / bending tensile strength: 19.7