OPEN COMPETITION: Transform our factory wall with complete freedom of design
Industrieweg 6, Roerstreek, 6045 JG Roermond, The Netherlands, Roermond, Netherlands
Euramax invites architects and designers to fully transform our 200 square meter factory wall front in the Netherlands using our brand new facade technology Aludesign. The winning design will be installed using Aluminium Composite Panels. This will result in a flat, high gloss surface that covers the street side of the factory wall.
“This is a one of a kind project with full freedom of design, using our new digital coating technology.” says Paul van der Vijgh, Marketing Director, Euramax Coated Products. “It allows the architect to create a facade of any image or illustration they wish. We hope our factory wall will be an innovative, head turning benchmark for architects and customers visiting us from all over the world”.
The winning entry will be selected by a guest jury. A prize of € 1500,- will be given to the winner as well as the project being realised. It will also be featured on Archello, Architectenweb and Materia to over 600,000 architecture and design followers worldwide.
Euramax Coated Products brings more than 40 years of experience to the world of coil coated aluminium production, resulting in a wide range of innovative products, special colours and designs. Our pre-coated metals colour all kinds of products, from building facades to household appliances- working with some of the most famous brands in the world.
The competition is open to international Architects, Designers and Students.
Timing & Deadline
Launch: March 18, 2014
Submission Deadline: May 20, 2014, 23:59 EST
Jury decision: May 30, 2014
Winner Announced: June 05, 2014
The Jury is comprised of Euramax 2 representatives, Archello's Editor-in-Chief, Architectenweb Editor-in-Chief, Creative Director Materia and a guest curator. The winner will be judged together with all the jurors and the decision will be unanimous.
The winner, as determined by the jury, will have their entry submitted to the Dutch council for planning permission to be used on our factory wall. Once permission is given the winning entry will be made and installed on our wall. The winner will be invited to our factory for the unveiling of the project. All expenses paid. The winner will receive a 1,500 -euro prize from Euramax. Once complete the project will be featured on Archello, Architectenweb and Materia reaching over 600,000 followers of architecture and design.
The entry must make the most of the unique AluDesign technology.
Steps to submission
1. Download the following files from the related links box on the right hand side of this page.
- the high resolution image of our factory wall
- the elevation .CAD drawing of our factory wall
- AluDesign brochure and documentation
- a vector image of your design in ai format
- a technical drawing saved as .pdf scale 1:20
- a superimposed render of the design onto the photo of the elevation in jpeg
- a 200 - 500 word description of your entry and why you chose the design you did.
- Send all your documents attached in an email to email@example.com
- The subject of the email: Euramax Competition
- Include the name of the company you would like to submit the project under, if you have no company then you can use your name.
4. We will publish the project on your behalf on Archello with the tag
Note: Applicants are encouraged to create a facade that best represents Euramax and the possibilities of Aludesign. Remember this wall is very prominent and will be seen by all the workers, clients and passing traffic. The entry also has to be granted planning permission by the Dutch council. If you have any questions or encounter any problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org use "Euramax competition" as your subject.