The objective here was to renovate equipment and to refurbish the internal spaces on the sixth floor of Hospital de Barcelona. The hospital building – dating from 1987– needed total renovation; therefore the work was done in phases so as not to interrupt the activities.
The maternity service was transferred to this floor, reduced from 30 to 27 individual rooms with bathroom, with the nursing area renovated and the waiting room extended. The layout of rooms was changed; materials, equipment and furniture were renewed; exterior carpentry was replaced to improve heating and sound characteristics.
Material Used :
1. Prodema – Fiber Core Panels – Neptuno Collection
2. Natural Minerals Panels – Krion
3. Iguzzini – Indoor Lighting Systems – Ingo
4. OGC – Hidden Guides – Eprom Series
5. Forbo – Acoustic Vinyl – Sarlon Series
6. Formica – High Pressure Laminate Panels – Laminate Collection
7. Cortizo – Aluminium Windows – Corzo Industrial
8. THU – Metallic Ceilings – Venezia Stave