Located on the 6th and 7th floor of 33 Holborn St. in London Octopus Investments went through a full office makeover that has put the life back into working days. PENSON have created yet another office that people will look forward to going to work in.
In order to give the project a common identity PENSON jointly created the guidelines for a balanced and harmonious space. Given creative control of two floors PENSON had to make sure to create a line of visual continuity running through whilst giving each floor a distinct style and artistic theme with authentic features specific to Octopus.
Walk out on the 6th floor and you will find an area dedicated to sea world, with one mysterious creature in particular –an octopus. A reoccurring theme of its arms in manifestations and other décor elements add a stamp of PENSON authenticity as well as reinforcing Octopus’ brand image without being too exuberant. Walk out of the lift on the 7th floor and you’ll enter a jungle-like green and luscious space. With many different types of plants PENSON ensured that key elements of Octopus’ ethos, such as sustainability, were visibly noticed as soon as you walk in.
As a workspace that thrives on welcoming clients in, Octopus needed a lively, flexible and entertaining space that would drive socialising and financial collaboration. Octopus wanted their clients to pop in if passing by, so the HQ is very much a home from home for everyone. PENSON have based their design around a welcoming and unique working environment that oozes character and keeps everything running smoothly in busy communal areas.
To ease communication and promote flexible working PENSON have designed a number of informal meeting areas with a coffee bar and a Pick‘N’Mix stand at the heart of the client hub where clients and partners can meet for a quick chat over a cup of tea or grab a few fizzy cola bottles to get themselves through the last hour of the day.
There are many facilities and hideaways, with booths for 1-2-1 meetings or padded rooms for a private conversation. The HQ is shrewdly designed to make the most of the office space and in doing so enhances functionality. A mixture of circular and rectangular desks optimizes floor space and helps people bond by removing the ‘chained to my desk’ feeling and allowing them to perform with flying colours at their best speed and efficiency.
The HQ is not fussy, cluttered or gimmicky. It’s clean, crisp and modest. It’s yet another example of how cultural game changers PENSON can bring a strong sense of ‘people skills’ into the financial sector.
Material Used :
1. Feature Armchair – Shadowy – by Moroso
2. Side Tables – Mark Side Table – by Moroso
3. Lounge Chair - Conic chair – by Allermuir
4. Sofa – Sax – by Sancal
5. Floor Lamp – Bul – by Ligne Roset
6. Coffee table - Tonic Metal Table – by Rossin
7. Low Armchair - Luc (with seatpad) – by Rossin
8. Rectangular Meeting Table (8-person) - Andersen Forum – by Icons of Denmark
9. Meeting Chair – Rin – by Fritz Hansen
10. High Table (6 person) - Fold High Table – by naughtone
11. Storage – System File – by Bisley
12. Task chairs – Diffrient World Chair– by Humanscale
13. Monitor Arms - M8 Dual Screen with Crossbar - by Humanscale
14. Phone Booth Feature Chair – Odyssey – by Sixteen3
15. Lounge Chair - Visu Lounge – by Muuto
16. Lounge Chair - Bertoia Small Diamond Chair– by Knoll
17. Circular Meeting Table (3-4 people) – Bloom – by Modus
18. Meeting Chair - 5 chair–Gubi
19. Outdside Tables - M-bench – by Jennifer Newman