First launched in 2004, Think® chair was engineered by Steelcase in cooperation with Glen Oliver Löw. Think was the first product in the world to be granted the Cradle to Cradle® environmental certification. After the initial launch of Think, the design thinking did not stop over the next 10 years.I... More
First launched in 2004, Think® chair was engineered by Steelcase in cooperation with Glen Oliver Löw. Think was the first product in the world to be granted the Cradle to Cradle® environmental certification. After the initial launch of Think, the design thinking did not stop over the next 10 years. The new Think chair is a smarter, has sleeker design and an exemplar of sustainability. It is a high performance task chair brimming with technology that enables it to be used in various office settings. It is available in three different frame finishes and 12 different colors of 3D knit on its back. Think has always supported the needs of mobile workers within the workplace and its new design makes it ideal for a variety of tasks. It has the comfort and technology of a task chair but the flexibility and design to be a conference chair. The most noticeable difference in Think is the back of the chair. Instead of 20 independent flexors, there are now 15 uniquely shaped flexors that are linked together as part of the Integrated LiveBack System, designed to give users an unprecedented level of ergonomic support. Innovative Design Features and Functions
- LiveBack System: A system of energy to conform with the users body and moves as they change postures. It features an advanced weight-activated mechanism, so that everybody can get comfortable, quickly.
- The system now includes a synchronized tilt mechanism which means the backrest and seat are synchronized to move together in a specific ratio. As the user leans on the backrest, the seat will move with the user to better support their reclined posture.
- The comfort handle on the side of the chair allows the user to quickly change the backrest angle from upright, to a mid-stop, and to full recline.
- The height adjustable lumbar support is now integrated right into the back frame, and easier than ever to adjust, even when the user has all of his body weight against the backrest.
- A 12 mm of seat depth has been added to accommodate a broader range of users, plus handles have been added to the adjustment so it’s easier for users to locate and use.
- A flexible seat front edge provides more evenly distributed support while helping to reduce pressure behind the knee.
- The simple controls are more integrated in the design and are easier to adjust providing greater flexibility in task, collaborative, learning and social applications.
- Multifunctionality: The chair can be used in a conference room, shared space, breakroom or café area. Sustainability drives the design of Think®. When first launched it created a higher sustainability standard across industries. Now fully redesigned and re-engineered, Think® is now smarter, simpler and an exemplar of sustainability. Its upholstery techniques used for the back and seat on the 3D mesh versions are industry leading. Think® will be packaged in four pieces to reduce environmental impact and the chair can be disassembled in five minutes with common hand tools, making it easier to recycle at the end of life.