Mid-century Architecture in Ticino: Near the village of Sala Capriasca – 10 km north of Lugano – the Casa Fischer sits on a sunny south-facing slope with magnificent views on three sides. Designed in 1959 by the Swiss architect Heinrich Graf, the house was carefully renovated in 2010. In line with its architecture, the interior has followed the designs of the 60s. Distinctive features are the stone fireplace, the dark beamed ceilings and the large picture windows. The rooms (a spacious living and dining room with an open kitchen and three bedrooms) are grouped around a sheltered loggia, which leads directly to the terrace. The house is surrounded by a 1600 m² garden with a fire pit and outdoor shower.