CBI (Culture-Based Interiors) is a commercial furniture vendor in Austin, TX. They wanted an interior showroom and office space to house their merchandise with a flow that walks the client through an office anyone would want to call their own.
CBI is predominantly known for their value price-points. They wanted to provide a fresh look/brand to expand their goods and marketing to a more high-end client base. Our biggest challenge was presenting a design that pushed them out of their comfort zone and inspired them to strategically increase their budget and really get excited about their interior.
The space finds balance by upgrading certain materials and light fixtures, while keeping the buildout simple to showcase the furniture products on the floor. We created a timeless, modern interior to display demountable walls, acoustical solutions, and office furniture. We utilized their brand logo but refreshed the look with a laser cut steel sign wrapping the corner at the reception. To finish off the design, we provided open ceilings throughout the space while marrying different planes with angled wood ceilings. The refreshed interior now creates a unique show-stopper for a client experiencing the space.
Material Used :
1. Flooring: Mixture of sealed concrete and carpet. Carpet by Interface, Style: Ice Breaker, Restroom flooring: Tile by Arizona Tile, Style: Varese. Reception flooring tile by Keope, Series: Back Tile, Accent wall tile by Cle Tile, Style: Coletivo Muda – Lagoa, Subway wall tile by Daltile, Collection: Color Wheel – Linear
2. Doors: Doors by Hull Supply, Finish: Plastic Laminate Clad by Wilsonart, Color: Fawn Cypress B208K-16
3. Windows: Demountable walls, doors and sidelites provided by CBI
4. Interior lighting: General lighting by Lithonia, Entry pendant and conference room lighting by LUXX Box, Break Room pendants by Rejuvenation.
5. Interior furniture: All furniture provided by CBI (commercial furniture dealer)
6. Plumbing fixtures by Delta Trinsic line