Prominently located on the corner of Havemeyer & Grand Streets in South Williamsburg, commoncraft’s second collaboration with For All Things Good plays off many of the design concepts originally developed at the Bed-Stuy location. Guests are greeted by a muted color palette, composed of a careful balance of warm woods and natural tones. Pops of color are then selectively introduced, animating the bar and larger dining area. The original tin ceiling, previously buried within a cluttered ceiling plenum, is exposed and refinished, blending old and new. The bright red, sinewy concrete countertop breaks free from the terracotta-clad base upon which it is perched, engaging the storefront and creating a dialogue between passersby and diners seated along the bar.
Colorful blue bistro tables & coral chairs bask in the warm sunlight entering through the full-height glazing. The plywood wall along the rear of the space acts as both a backdrop and unifying element, accommodating a number of unique programming features as it travels through the café.
Client: For All Things Good (Matt Diaz)
General Contractor: Ying Zhang
Concrete Fabricator: Gregory MacAvoy
Graphic Designer: Konstantina Gavalas
1. Flooring: Wood Flooring, Ambiance Hard Maple Natural Finish, Lauzon
2. Interior lighting: Light Fixture, Material Pendant Terracotta Finish, New Works DK
3. Interior furniture: Chairs, Manna Sonoma Red Dining Chair, Article
4. Interior wood wall paneling: Wood, AraucoPly Sanded Plywood Natural Finish, Arauco
5. Interior tile: Tile, Natural Zellige 4" Terracotta Tile, clé tile
6. Concrete bar: Concrete Pigment, Super Red SB05 (1%), Buddy Rhodes
7. Interior paint: Paint, Harajuku Morning + Aperitivo Hour Colors, Backdrop