At Frost Campus‘ School of Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fleming College provides a high-quality education to students in several rapidly-growing and culturally-relevant fields. Many of the courses and programs taught on campus are at the forefront of environmental, sustainable, and technical education, with strong ties to their supporting industries. Frost Campus is unique amongst institutions in that programs use indoor and outdoor space and maintain and store equipment. This is a result of the hands-on approach to learning and the Campus’ innovative offerings.
The scope of work for the Frost East Entrance and GeoCentre is comprised of both new construction and interior renovations. The East Entrance is a new-build, two-storey addition housing classrooms, an entrance vestibule with exterior gathering spaces, informal student meeting areas, and an elevator. The GeoCentre is a complete interior renovation to improve the functionality, accessibility, and safety of several classrooms, labs, offices, and conference rooms while simultaneously increasing usable floor space. Lastly, landscape improvements were made to ensure accessibility and provide barrier-free paths of travel strategically designed around frequent vehicular deliveries and student drop-offs.
1. Reider – Facade Cladding – oko skin
2. Reider – Facade Cladding – concrete skin
3. Alumicor – Curtain Wall – Thermawall 2600 SSG
4. Alumicor – Fixed Windows – Trueline 900
5. 3A Composites – Aluminum Panels – Alucobond Plus
6. Firestone – TPO Roofing – Ultraply TPO
7. CertainTeed – Acoustical Tile Ceiling Systems – Symphony M
8. Schindler – Electric MRL Traction Elevators - 3100