The history of the "Haus zum hinteren Walfisch" on the prominent Stadthausstrasse in Winterthur dates back to the early 17th century. An extension and renovation of the facade in the classicist style in 1864 gave the listed house its present appearance. The four full floors and two attics previously housed two apartments and a store.
The unused space was now extended and converted. The two existing apartments were supplemented with five additional small apartments, the existing goods lift was replaced by a passenger lift and the store area was reduced to the first floor and basement. The house was adapted to today's requirements in terms of energy and fire protection. The roof terrace with a view over the old town remains accessible to all residents of the building.
1. Facade cladding: Stone, partially Interior insulation, Rock wool, clad with plasterboard
2. Flooring: Oak parquet with Ash frieze, Weitzer Parquet
3. Apartment doors: Wooden doors with Oak frame, Door leaf painted
4. Windows: Wooden window, painted
5. Roofing: Wooden beams, Rock wool, clad with plasterboard
6. Interior lighting: Staircase: Zangra Porzelland Wall lamp, light.o.016.c.b.005
Staircase: ClassiCon, Selene, black
Toilet: Zangra Porzelland Wall lamp, light.035.001.b