Walker Workshop was approached to radically transform a ninety-year-old home in Hollywood, California. We eliminated the existing arrangement of small dark walled rooms, to create light-filled and flowing spaces. We added floor to ceiling windows and doors and a large volumetric skylight at the center of the space. The skylight was clad in reclaimed timber from the walls of the existing home that were removed. As the designer and builder, we were responsible for all aspects of the project's design and construction, allowing us to tightly control costs and incorporate custom details throughout the process.
Material Used :
1. Bamboo Floors
2. Toilet: Vero Wall Hung by Duravit, #221709; Flush Actuator: Hastings Vola A 85 Stainless Steel Flush Actuator
3. Sinks: Kohler Kathryn Undermount K-2297
4. Bathtub: Zuma C7240 W Airbath
5. Faucets: Jado Borma Single Lever Monoblock 814/201
6. Shower Set: Jado Borma Pressure Balance Shower Set 814/401
7. Control Knobs: Jado Borma Wall Valve 814/123
8. Roman Tub Filler: Jado Borma Roman Tub Set 814/083
9. Rainwater Showerheads: Jado Borma 860/312
10. Western Windows
11. Tub and Sink Decks: Caesarstone Raven 4120
12. Wall Tile: Ann Sacks Savoy Penny Round in Cornflower Blue
13. Floor Tile: 4x24 Porcelain Tile, Architec in Mineral, by Stone Source
14. Custom walnut vanity cabinet with had rubbed oil and wax finish and copper pipe inset pulls.