Awards Jury Citation : An extensive addition to a 1923 Arts and Crafts exemplar, the almost seamless additions provide the living spaces that the original house aspired to, while attending to the original in form and composition. Beautifully and faithfully detailed throughout, the alterations bring much needed light and relationship to outdoors by creating a re-entrant court at the heart of the building and opening to a beautiful tree-scaped southern outlook.
This house is an historic building protected by both the Historic Places Trust and Auckland City. Our work involved the refurbishment and some reorganization of the existing house, together with the addition of a 3 storey 250m2 wing to its south side. Extensive consultation was required with both the Trust and the Council in the early design stages.
Winner NZIA New Zealand Award 2007 Winner NZIA Local Award 2006