The former company building of the “Cartonnagen-, Etuis- und Messerbeutelfabrik” from 1898 is located in a Wilhelminian-style street near the city center of Solingen. The first design goal was the core and facade renovation and analyze the spatial and design quality of the building and revive it. The building is composed of a front building facing the street and aa outbuilding oriented towards a green space. The Wilhelminian stucco of the facade and the staircase characterize the smaller office and residential units in the front building. Industrial lofts are built in the back house in the former factory and warehouse halls supported by brick walls and cast iron supports.