This assemblage of four buildings occupies the west block front on Hudson between Beach and North Moore Streets. The 6-story Castree Building, designed by Thomas R. Jackson, was built in 1891. Warehouses by Charles C. Haight include an eight-story fireproof building and two additional six story buildings, built 1910-1912, originally constructed for the grocery business.
The 49-unit conversion was the result of a zone change that permitted the consolidation of the individually-Landmarked buildings. A two-winged lobby, connected by a sky lit corridor and sitting area, link the buildings together.
Nine units occupy most floors. Top floor apartments have private staircases that lead to roof decks; other residents share a common roof area.
Loading bays support 15,000 SF of commercial space at street level and 17,000 square feet in the basement.