The villa is situated on the northern edge of a southward sloping plot with an area of approx. 6,500 square meters. In the lower part of the plot there is a full-grown forest. The villa is one of the largest buildings within the municipality, following close behind a former school building, or a landmark of folk architecture a wooden protestant church from 1783, which is directly visible from the villa.
The church also served as a model for the overall design of the villa, which in its contemporary design interprets the duality of exterior and interior in a way typical of the local architecture.The result is a 3D corrugated perforated metal sheet façade vs. an all-wooden interior. The perforated, corrugated metal sheet facade serves as a second skin of the building; as a shield against the wind and sun, which reminds of the regional lacemaking tradititon.
The building is a wooden structure made according to local traditional construction techniques, which is, however, technologically advanced to the contemporary level. The cross-glued wooden panels combined with load-bearing steel elements give rise to a traditional wooden house of the third millennium. The concept of the interior space is a variation of the “plan libre”. All residential rooms face south, while the entrance courtyard, garage and non-residential area face the north. The spatial concept culminates in the south-west part of the house in a double-floor habitable area with a gallery, a bookcase and a corner window providing attractive views of the local landscape, including the nearby protestant church.The building is designed as a passive house with an intelligent system of control of the building,and central heating provided by heat pumps. Materials used – wood, AL metal sheet, metal, glass, stone.