“BONNARQ ARCHITECTS” is an Architecture, Urban design and Landscape architecture firm established in Tehran, in 2014 by Behzad Atabaki and Parshia Qaregozloo, as a joint venture of “BEHZAD ATABAKI STUDIO” (founded in 1999) and “FARAGARD ARCHITECTS” (founded in 2006). Winning the first prize in the competition, they have been the curators of the Iran Pavilion at Venice Architecture Biennale 2016.
Believing in the multidisciplinary approach to architecture and urbanism, Behzad Atabaki has earned three master’s degrees in three interrelated fields of “architecture” (1998), “urban design” (2002) as well as “landscape architecture” (2006), and also Parshia Qaregozloo has earned her master’s degrees in architecture (2000). From 2010, they have been teaching “architecture design” regularly at University.
A number of their works have been awarded and honored in domestic and international architecture and urban design competitions, such as Aga Khan Award for Architecture, World Architecture Festival (WAF), A+Awards (Architizer), Middle East Architect Awards and 2A Continental Architectural Awards.
“BONNARQ ARCHITECTS” is recognized for its works in Architecture, Urban design, Landscape architecture, also in Art and Design.
Their works of art and architecture has been exhibited in a number of exhibitions and also has been published in several domestic and international books, websites and magazines.
Team members come from multidisciplinary backgrounds including architecture, urban design, social studies, financial studies, inviromental studies, computer presentation, model making, landscape architecture, design and fine arts. In the studio, there has always been a workshop for making models, experimental pieces and prototypes. With this resource, it has been possible for “BONNARQ ARCHITECTS” to act as a contractor on some of its projects.
In the office, department of urban design focuses on urban deteriorated fabrics in Tehran and other problematic urban regions in some other cities in Iran, based on regeneration programs, what led them to be elected as the curator of the “Iran National Pavilion at Venice Architecture Biennale 2016”
HONORS AND AWARDS
• 2019 Behzad Atabaki selected as the “Architect of the Year 2019”, Middle East Architects Awards.
• 2019 Honorable mentioned, Design competition for the regeneration of an urban corridor, Planning and Designing the ground level of Tehran-Tabriz Railway Tunnel.
• 2018 Shortlisted, Middle East Architects Awards, Commercial building Architect of the Year 2018, Dubai, UAE
• 2018 Shortlisted, Middle East Architects Awards; Behzad Atabaki for Architect of the Year 2018, Dubai, UAE
• 2018 Parshia Qaregozloo- Selected as best Architecture Competitions Manager by Ministry of Roads & Urban Development
• 2018 Behzad Atabaki Studio - Selected as Architectural Firm of the Year 2018, BUILD Awards
• 2018 Behzad Atabaki Studio - Selected as the Most Innovative Architecture Company, INTERNATIONAL FINANCE
• 2018 2nd place winner, A competition for connecting “Chitgar” park to “Chitgar” lake, Tehran, Iran
• 2018 Behzad Atabaki has been selected as one of 50 influential architects from the Middle East Architects, MEA's Who's Who
• 2017 Shortlisted, World Architecture Festival (WAF) 2017, Berlin, Germany
• 2017 Shortlisted, Middle East Architects Awards; Behzad Atabaki for Architect of the Year 2017, Dubai, UAE
• 2017 First place winner, Kish Residential Tower competition, Kish Island, Iran
• 2016 Behzad Atabaki & Parshia Qaregozloo Elected as the curators of the Iran National Pavilion at Venice Architecture Biennale 2016
• 2016 First place winner, Iran National Pavilion at Venice Architecture Biennale competition
• 2015 Nominated as the boutique Middle East Architecture Firm of the Year 2016
• 2015 Participating in Venice Biennale 2015 - Iran Architecture Pavilion, Venice, Italy
• 2015 Selected project, Exhibition of Iranian Contemporary Architecture in Rome, Italy
• 2015 Special mentioned, Architizer A+Awards
• 2014 Shortlisted, Middle East Architects Awards, Commercial building Architect of the Year 2014, Dubai, UAE
• 2014 Honorable mentioned, Lighting design competition, Tehran, Iran
• 2013 Shortlisted, Public buildings competition, Memar Award, Tehran, Iran
• 2007 Behzad Atabaki has been accepted for the Fellowship Program for Intellectual Exchange 2007-2008, Tokyo, Japan
• 2007 Behzad Atabaki has been Nominated for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture; tenth cycle (2005-2007), for Dena Cassette Building, Tehran, Iran
• 2005 Honorable mentioned, Tehran Book Garden (competition), Tehran, Iran
• 1999 2nd place winner, Insurance office, 2nd. Building (competition), Abadeh, Iran
• 1995 Honorable mentioned, A New Façade for Hilton Hotel (competition), Tehran, Iran