MoreySmith www.moreysmith.com is an architectural design practice based in London. The practice was founded in 1993 by Linda Morey-Burrows and has built up an extensive portfolio of commercial, workplace, development, leisure and residential projects. MoreySmith has designed innovative offices for the likes of ASOS, Coca-Cola and Primark as well as major property companies like British Land, Helical Bar and Argent.
· MoreySmith, one of Europe’s leading workplace design practices, has completed the redevelopment of new international headquarters for Primark, the leading fashion retailer, in Dublin, Ireland.
· The project represents a major architectural feat which has involved connecting two existing buildings – an early 20th century listed building and a more recently 1990's built space – via a new walkway, creating a central atrium over a previously redundant exterior courtyard.
· In a move that marks a major transition for the retail brand, MoreySmith has transformed the existing space into a modern and innovative working environment housing Primark’s 600+-strong workforce in the heart of Dublin’s shopping district. The office, which is named ‘Arthur Ryan House’ after Primark’s founder.
· The project includes a communal area that sees a reception with a separate business lounge, a large cafe , a ranging room, creative studios, various social spaces, a photographic studio, workplace for 600+, auditorium, and exercise studio with showers and changing facilities.
· The properties, which span 125,000 sq ft, comprise a 20th century listed building and a modern property constructed in 2002. A 13 metre long bridge now links the two together and overlooks a communal atrium which sits at the core of the new office. Additional bridges create a sense of movement, with employees able to move freely between work areas. Natural daylight floods through from the glass roof above, bringing light directly into the four floors of office space below.