studiopietropoli. was founded back in 1980 by Guido Pietropoli.
Born on September 19th 1945 in Rovigo, Italy, he attends the Architectural Institute of Venice University between 1964 and 1970, when he graduates, full marks and credit, with Prof. Carlo Scarpa.
He then works in the studio of Le Corbusier for the new hospital in Venice with Architect Jullian de la Fuente.
He starts to work as a professional architect in 1972, opening a studio in Monselice, Padova, and collaborating on projects with Prof. Carlo Scarpa.
Between 1972 and 1976 he is an assistant lecturer on Educational activities on Prof. Carlo Scarpa’s Architectural Planning Courses at the Architectural Institute of Venice University.
From 1977 to 1979 he is professor of Elements of Industrial Design at the School of Arts and Crafts, Vicenza.
In 1980 he opens a new professional studio in Rovigo in collaboration with the Japanese Architect Theruisha Ito. At the same time he is Director of the School of Arts and Crafts in Vicenza between 1981 and 1982.
From 1989 to 1994 he designs buildings components on behalf of the Japanese Company YKK ( Kanda, Izumi-Cho, Chiyoda-Ku-Tokyo). During the 90’s he works on several projects of private houses, factories and the restructuring of a former sugar factory and its conversion into convention center and university.
From the beginning of year 2000 his son Martino, who got an architecture degree in Ferrara with Massimo Carmassi, works with him.
Martino - born in 1974 - has been also assistant to several courses at the Faculty of Architecture of Cesena, Alma Mater Studiorum of Bologna, is a photographer and communicator. He founded several websites devoted to design and arts. He's currently founder and editor at L'Indice Totale (a whole-reviews website of everything) and he draws cartoons each day for The Fluxus.