Marine Loft is a 1,750 s.f. residential loft space located a block from the famous Santa Monica Beach, California. The client is a young banker from the Midwest that is relocating from New York City, who is an avid surfer/skate boarder. The client wants reminiscence of the natural environment where he grew up and yet respect the industrial nature of the space.
The scheme was to anchor the space with a conversation piece. This was created by a 16 foot long island constructed out of reclaimed logs and plumbing pipes. The island itself is divided up into area for eating, drinking, and reading. Bringing this theme into the bedroom, the bed was constructed out of 12x12 reclaimed logs anchored by two bent steel plates for side tables. We searched for reclaimed material and fixtures to achieve the warm and inviting industrial space.
Material Used :
1. Flooring – DuChateau – European White Oak in Seine
2. Kitchen Faucet and Pot Filler – Waterworks RW Atlas
3. Guest Powder sink – Terra Acqua
4. Master Bath Tub – Waterworks .25 tub
5. Master Bedroom wall – Concrete wall wallpaper