Waf 2016 office shortlist

An overview of projects, products and exclusive articles about waf 2016 office shortlist

Project • By Dietrich | UntertrifallerOffices

OMICRON Campus

Omicron, a global electronics company, desired to realize a lofty ambition: The expansion of the company's headquarters in Klaus is intended to provide employees with workplaces that stimulate creativity, promote communication and exchange among staff, and create a sense of well-being. Dietrich | Untertrifaller Architects has developed a harmonious, integrated package based on the idea of the existing building having variable office cubicles and an inner courtyard. Three courtyards now subdivide and bring daylight into the campus, whose clear division creates structure and orientation. On the ground floor there are meeting, storage and special purpose rooms. The office spaces on the two upper floors can be flexibly adapted to the res... More

Project • By Ruiz Pardo & Nebreda architecture and engineeringOffices

PUMA ENERGY EL SALVADOR HEADQUARTER

Overlooking the road Puma Energy Corporate Headquarter is located on the Panamerican highway, passing through San Salvador. The new building, which is inserted between the existing commercial and industrial buildings that characterize this stretch of road with barely public profile, overlooks the road with a powerful cantilever taking part of the intensity of the traffic, showing its interior activity and acting as an innovative element of the urban landscape. The building consists of two superimposed and arranged crosswise blocks, interlacing solids and voids all around them. Thus, a progressive sequence of compressions and expansions arranges and qualifies the circulation and access areas. Jesús Granada Sequence of scales F... More

Project • By Collado Collins ArchitectsOffices

184 Shepherds Bush Road

‘No. 184 Shepherd’s Bush Road, located across the long and tapering open green space of Brook Green, was originally designed and built in 1915-16 by Charles Heathcote and Sons of Manchester as a motor garage and service depot with a showroom for the Ford Motor Company (England) Ltd. In 1926 it was taken over by Citroen as its main UK distribution and sales centre and later on acquired by Osram and incorporated as part of the large factory complex manufacturing electric light bulb filaments, which had been established on the site immediately to the north in 1893. The journal The Motor in 1920 described the building as ‘ ... a massive structure of three storeys, designed solely from a utility point of view’. The concrete frame illustrated pio... More

Project • By Andreescu & GaivoronschiOffices

City Business Centre Timisoara - final ensemble ( C-D-E buildings and public space)

Situated in Romania’s western most corner, Timisoara is a typical Central European city. It was surrounded by a huge stellar type Vauban fortification endowed with moat. On the XVIII century historical city west side an urban regeneration project, City Business Centre with it’s five buildings, was finalised recently. It replaced several buildings belonging to a textile industry. Instead a brown field, the development offers public galleries and plaza, semipublic spaces, halls, foyers, conference centre, commerce and, at uper levels, A class offices. In 2010 were finished the first two buildings and after the other three completed the ensemble in a compact pattern together with urban gallery and plaza. This ensemble, as a excavat... More

Project • By Make ArchitectsOffices

The Hiscox Building

Our bespoke office scheme for insurance firm Hiscox has been sensitively designed to reflect the rich heritage of York, while providing a high-quality, contemporary addition that establishes a new focal point for the area. The spectacular four-storey space houses up to 500 employees in a dynamic working environment with open, flexible floor space and light interiors that aim to foster creativity and collaboration. Situated 400m south of York Minster, the brownfield site was once a 19th century wool market. Our aim is to reintroduce a sense of place to the site by redefining the streetscape and improving accessibility to the wider area. The glass and brick design integrates the building with its historic context. An undulating ‘woven’... More