The Docklands Courtyard project was designed to be a low maintenance green oasis to escape from the hustle and bustle of urban living. This garden was created to emphasise the positive mental health impacts that greenery can provide. It goes to show that even in an industrial, concrete jungle you can create a space that soothes and satisfies our biophilic need for green.
The vertical garden makes best use of the tight space and provides a lush green outlook from the living room window.
Common indoor plants like Monstera and Rhipsalis are stars of this vertical garden and have grown into the space wonderfully since it’s completion in August 2018.
Wicking beds were used to create a space for edible herbs and flowering perennials, these provide a pop of colour and an element of seasonal change.
Material Used :
1. Atlantis - Vertical Garden - Gro-Wall 4.5
2. Tait - Outdoor Furniture - Kink Collection
3. Venn Trading - Timber Cladding/Bench Seat - Tonka Timber
4. Grimes & Sons - TimberStain - Controlled Erosion Stain
5. GlowPear - WickingBeds - Urban Garden Range
6. Robert Plumb - Outdoor Pots - Bondi Collection