New York City's first-ever tower from a French female architect has just been completed and a spectacular collection of models residences has just been unveiled. Located at 110 Charlton Street in downtown's thriving Hudson Square neighborhood, where both Disney and Google's massive corporate HQ's are being built, Greenwich West is one of the tallest residential towers in the area at 30 stories and looks as if a Parisian building has been erected on New York's famous skyline.
Star Parisian architect and founder of Paris-based studio Loci Anima, Françoise Raynaud – who spent nearly two decades working alongside legendary French architect Jean Nouvel – brings her Parisian influences to life in a modern setting and seamlessly blends 20th-century French design with a classic New York loft feel through Art Deco-inspired curved corners and industrial-style casement windows. Sustainably designed like all of her projects, Greenwich West features a handmade brick facade with custom glazed brick accents, made specially for the project by the venerable Belgium brickworks Wienerberger. The building’s curved corners lend a softness to the tower, while the windows – framed by elegant hand-laid brick patterns and custom pewter-glazed brick borders – salute the neighborhood’s heritage as a former printing district. Receding gracefully, Greenwich West’s intricate setbacks and 290-foot height allow for sprawling terraces in many homes, and hallmark river views.
The 170 loft-like residences, ranging from studios to three-bedrooms including penthouses, as well as all of the amenities at the waterfront tower, have been been carefully conceived by Sebastien Segers, known for his private homes, spas, and boutiques for clients such as Giorgio Armani and Christian Dior. Imparting a bespoke quality, the homes also feature gently-curved, hand-plastered interior wall corners to echo the building’s exterior architecture, in addition to the deep curbed window-sills topped with carrara marble that invite you to get up close to the enormous windows and natural light. Wide plank European white oak floors run throughout the homes, while custom kitchen islands featuring crafted “marine-edge” Carrara marble countertops and integrated bookshelves become a focal point in the room. Further extending the sophisticated design, master bathrooms boast Carrara marble walls, countertops, floors and showers, while the powder room is striped in zebrino marble as seen in the model residences.
The models, which have been furnished by leading home decor store Design within Reach and are located on the 7th floor, showcase to buyers the beautiful and realistic interiors that they can easily recreate upon moving into the building where iconic pieces from past and present designers are available for purchase. The thoughtful collection of curated pieces chosen specifically for the tower to complement its design, which can be sold to residents through an exclusive building discount, include staples like the Saarinen table, Emmy Sofa, Edel Console, Raleigh Bed, Pacha Chairs, Tiki leather couch, Aura Credenza and more.
Strategic Capital is the developer. Pricing begins at $1.1 million for the homes and goes up to $7.95 million, with Corcoran leading sales and marketing.
• Greenwich West, Hudson Square’s newest residential tower, is being developed by Strategic Capital Partners.
• Located in West SoHo at 110 Charlton Street, Greenwich West offers 170 loftstyle residences, ranging from studios to three-bedrooms including penthouses.
• Created by a team of top French designers, Greenwich West brings an elegant sensibility to the nexus of Manhattan’s most desirable neighborhoods, located just steps from the West Village and Tribeca.
• At 30 stories, one of the tallest buildings in the area, the condominium serves as an urban lookout, providing panoramas of the Hudson River, New York Harbor, and Statue of Liberty.
• Greenwich West has been designed by Françoise Raynaud, French architect and founder of Paris-based firm, Loci Anima, marking the first NYC tower designed by a French female architect.
• Greenwich West’s interiors have been carefully conceived by Parisian designer, Sebastien Segers, known for his private homes, spas, and boutiques for clients such as Giorgio Armani and Christian Dior.
• Greenwich West is a rare Downtown building that includes a full array of amenities and services including a 24-hour attended lobby, onsite resident manager, porter and handyman staff. At the building’s crown is an amenity rooftop terrace featuring multiple lounge and seating areas choreographed into peaceful, landscaped vignettes to offer breathtaking city and water views.
• Transitioning inside, additional amenities include the lounge, a gracious entertainment suite; a top-of-the-line fitness center by The Wright Fit with yoga studio and spa; and children’s playroom designed in collaboration with leading New York institution, The Children’s Museum of the Arts. An automated parking garage with direct secured access to residential elevators; a supplemental laundry facility; bicycle storage; and additional private storage for purchase are also available.
• The lobby boasts a captivating wall of windows framing views of the courtyard Viewing Garden, created by legendary French botanist Patrick Blanc, creator of the vertical garden. A symbol of health and wellbeing, the Viewing Garden will be home to multiple plant species artfully planted on walls reaching up to 18 feet in height.
• The development, which broke ground in July 2018, is being built by Plaza Construction, an affiliate of Strategic Capital and known to be one of the foremost builders of luxury residential projects in New York.
• Pricing for the residences starts at $1.1 million up to $7.95 million, making Greenwich West a rare combination of high design and value.
• The building welcomed residents this fall. Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group is the exclusive sales and marketing firm for Greenwich West.
Designed by acclaimed Paris-based architecture firm Loci Anima, making its debut in New York, Greenwich West features a handmade brick facade with custom glazed brick accents made specially for the project by the venerable Belgium brickworks Wienerberger. The building’s Art Deco-inspired curved corners lend a softness to the tower, while industrial-style casement windows – framed by elegant hand-laid brick patterns and custom pewter-glazed brick borders – salute the neighborhood’s heritage. Receding gracefully, Greenwich West’s intricate setbacks and 290-foot height allow for sprawling terraces in many homes, and hallmark river views.
Interiors have been carefully conceived by Parisian designer Sebastien Segers, known for his private homes, spas, and boutiques for clients such as Giorgio Armani and Christian Dior. Residents will make a dramatic entrance up grand marble stairs to a double-height lobby detailed in travertine, leather paneled walls and rosewood millwork.
The light-filled homes, ranging from studios to three-bedroom residences including penthouses, impart a bespoke quality and feature gently-curved, hand-plastered interior wall corners to echo the building’s exterior architecture. Deep, curved window-sills topped with Carrara marble also echo the architecture and invite residents to get up close to the windows and big views.
Sebastien Segers selected finishes inspired by the past that also make a strong modern statement, creating warmth and comfort in every space. Wide plank European white oak floors run throughout each home, while custom kitchen islands featuring crafted “marineedge” Carrara marble countertops and integrated bookshelves become a focal point in the room. Further extending the sophisticated design, master bathrooms boast Carrara marble walls, countertops, floors and showers.