For our new studio, we utilized a mixture of shapes and textures, combined with built-in furniture to provide added visual depth. Humble, ‘raw’ materials like brickwork and cement blocks contrast prominently against polished materials like stones and wood.
At only 926 sqft, every inch of the space has been made use of to cater to the functional requirements of the designers at work. From a well-stocked materials library to a meeting room with full screen projection to assist clients’ visualization of their spaces during design presentation to a bar counter to chill after work, the idea is to create a sense of flow to assist designers in their usage of space (in a small compact environment), as well as to work and ‘play’. A collection of urban art and objects/ sculptures by the designers/ owners of the studio adds another dimension of fun and energy to further boost a creative environment.
Architect: KNQ Associates
Photography: KNQ Associates
1. Flooring: Vinyl flooring
2. Interior lighting: Artemide, Universo Positivo
3. Interior furniture: Moroso, Magis, Sancal, Calligaris, Kartell, Driade, Hay, Ferm Living, Vitra, Herman Miller, IKEA
4. Sanitary (pantry and powder room) fittings: Hansgrohe
5. Wall treatment: Wallpaper from Sangetsu, Nippon Paints
6. Customised built-ins: LamiTAK laminates, EDL laminates
7. Countertop: Cosentino, Coverlam, EDL Compact