La Ramona was presented with an office configuration inside an extremely delicate and urbanistically catalogued building. In order to reclaim the construction’s essential features, partitions were demolished and the structural elements were stripped out. The new divisions that solve the programme break its height at 2.20 meters to set a continuous domestic height in the entire perimeter of the apartment. In the existing elements this boundary is translated into an inverted plaster plinth crowning the exposed white painted bricks. The project’s materiality overlaps two planes: the horizontal ones bring warmth –through the ceramic vaults and the wooden floor– and the vertical surfaces provide offer neutrality with white finishes, only interrupted by the fibreboard doors.
Material Used :
1. Ceramica Vogue – Bathroom tiles, 10x10 – Serie System Collection
2. Brick walls – white enamel coating.
3. Plasteboard walls covering - ’Pladur’ in white painting
4. Wood carpentry – existing ones, restorated – painted in white .
5. Kitchen/bedrooms furniture – interior box of white melamine and lacquered MDF boards in white.
6. Kitchen worktop surface – White venato marble, natural polishing.
7. Bathroom worktop surface – Crema Valencia Marble, natural polishing.
8. Bathroom suite worktop surface – Red Alicante Marble, natural polishing.