The Marsden Park Pavilion provides change rooms for sports teams, a small kiosk and public toilet facilities for a new suburban community in Marsden Park. The Pavilion serves as an anchor point for a new community, supporting active outdoor play for families and creating a distinct and memorable place to meet.
The gentle curve of the pavilion embraces the sports oval, setting its radial grid. Undulating concrete walls enclose circular spaces that are open to the air yet protected from the wind, rain and sun by a sweeping fibreglass roof with generous overhangs. A vibrant yellow mesh is draped from the vaulted steel structure, allowing the daylight to filter through while imparting an element of joy and delight.
The Pavilion is an intentionally raw structure that seeks to be direct and straightforward in its tectonic expression yet ephemeral and playful in its spatial character. It is a structure that aims to embody a civic sensibility and contribute to a sense of shared community pride, laying the groundwork for a new local identity and sense of place.
Material Used :
1. Fleetwood Urban - Stainless Steel Rivets
2. Fleetwood Urban - Perforated panels - galvanised steel
3. Fleetwood Urban - Perforated panels fixings - galvanised
4. Kaynemail - Soffit Mesh - polycarbonate material
5. Kaynemail - Meshclips - polycarbonate
6. Kaynemail - Mounting tracks - aluminium