In order to bridge the aesthetic dichotomy between period interiors and contemporary expanse, the apartment stands out as a whimsical rebuke to the minimalist aesthetic and elegant austerity of mid-century modernism.
Characterized by an eclectic sequence of colors, stretching from the walls to the metal joinery and plaster cornices, the carpets and curtains, to a harmonious selection of furniture, inspired by the Art Deco and Pop Art movements of the Memphis Group, no only for its striking primary colors, synthetic materials such as laminate and terrazzo, and crazy geometry, also for its iconoclastic cheekiness.
What were the key challenges?
The biggest challenge was respecting the structure of the palatial-style house and reflecting the Memphis group style in the décor.
What materials did you choose and why?
I chose materials such as wallpaper, marble and eco-concrete ceramic because I wanted to keep the classic look of the architecture.
Material Used :
Modular textile flooring, QuickShip A01502 Monochrome, Interface
Ceramic floor, Mnifiesto uva positive, Ornamenta
1. Wall lamp, Musset GR MS2212, SAMMODE
2. Floor lamp, Bonhomme ,AtelierAreti
3. Celling lamp, ØS1 Pendant, ShadeLights
4. Celling lamp, Band, Da A Italia
5. Celling lamp, Helio II, Utu Lamps
6. Celling lamp, Trn, Pani Jurek
1. Shelving, Jack Bebitalia
2. Table, Tube, Da A Italia
3. Chairs, Rock, Da A Italia
4. Armchair; Digamma, Sana&Cole
5. Table, Kopal Tikal, Ewe
6. Table, Agatha 3 tops, Draga&Aurel
7. Sofa, New York Suite, Saba Italia
8. Closet, Blend Color, Ward Wijnant
9. Carrito, Come as you are, Dante
10. Frigorífico, Officine Gullo
11. Grifo, Sugiu 60071, Gessi
12. Chair, Segment, Estudio Persona
13. Bañera, Camelot, Devon Devon
14. Wallpaper, Bellagio, Glamora
15. Wallpaper, Luxury, Inkiostro Bianco
16. Bed, Tappeto Volante, Flou
17. Cabinet, Alcor, B&B Italia
18. Mesa, Diana, Classicon