Saon Group, a global leader in recruitment and parent company to Jobs.ie and Irishjobs.ie engaged Think Contemporary to design their new office space. The new offices were to take up the first 3 floors of the brand new office building Waterways House, located in the heart of Silicon Docks, Dublin 2.
They wanted to create an office that was fresh and exciting and would encourage the 2 competing companies to interact with each other during their working day, in particular during breaks. With this in mind, we created a canteen space that was very different in style to the rest of the office.
The thoughts behind this was to create a neutral space that the employees could call their own and interact with each other. In the rest of the space, there is a strong emphasis on colour, this is very evident on the ground floor with a statement pink coffee dock. We also wanted to give a nod to the cultural and global aspect of Saon Group, so we created cityscape illustrations of some of the cities that they have a presence in, applying them as manifestations to the meeting room glazing. The mix of bold colour and interesting graphical elements makes for a very impactful and unique office space.
1. IVC Beyond Flooring - Carpet Tiles - Street Thread Collection
2. Forbo - Vinyl Flooring - Allura Collection
3. Egger - laminate on bespoke joinery - Decors
4. Intra Lighting - Feature lighting - Kalis, Wave Round
5. IQ Group - Manifestations - Bespoke design by Think Contemporary
6. Camira Fabrics - Fabric on bespoke joinery - Blazer
7. Corian - Reception Material - White
8. Friends of Wilson - Hanging acoustic screens - Flux Hanging Screens