Barcelona is a vibrant city where the mountain meets the sea and where culture, culinary, architecture and invention are dazzlingly omnipresent. Inspired by the spirit of the place, Baranowitz + Kronenberg introduce Sir Victor as an equally compelling social hub which draws the city from Passeig de Gracia into its very heart and runs it through its meticulous open plan of myriad living spaces and gushing human streams.
B+K designed the street level as a gradual transformation of energies; starting with communal spaces that celebrate a strong sense of arrival going through semi-communal lounging around a bonfire and a 360 degrees engaging bar and culminating with private gathering at Mr. porter's chef's table.
Materiality, lighting and texture resonate with the same spatial intentions analogous to the 'mountain meets the sea'. While the entrance reflects the sea-the sunny and lighter side of Sir Victor- a darker and earthier side reveals itself as we move deeper through the public spaces.
There is more than meets the eye in Sir Victor. B+K reveal the unexpected in the most engaging and immediate way. Guests and locals are stimulated to indulge in their vie-quotidian while exploring performative spaces of individual and collective nature.
Oak wood planks of different shades, 3D surfaces of copper dots and bespoke hot-rolled steel curtains embody the local craft-driven culture and the refined and uncompromising character of Sir Victor.0
1. Baranowitz + Kronenberg / custom-made special items - bar counter, fireplace island, seating islands, welcome and concierge desks, wine fridge, open kitchen bar, island and high tables at Mr. Porter restaurant were designed by B+K and produced by Martinez Otero.
Perimeter wall curtains - bespoke hot-rolled concave steel - designed by B+K, produced by DNA Design & Art
2. Yvyra / Praquet - models Tannat: natural tone; Jerez: smoked; Toro: double smoked; Eclano: triple smoked. Clear Oil finish
3. Dedots Architectural Surfaces / 3D wall surface and lower ceiling - Bespoke round copper dots on a metal mesh grid
4. Bocci / Reception desk light Installation - light No.28
5. Pramarstone / Astor. Finishes – Carrara marble type C; fabric: Burnt orange by Simonis.
6. Gan Rugs / Berber model, finishes grey 2, natural 1
7. Flos / Table lamp – Copycat - F1952015, copper finish
8. Fontana Arte / Equatore FT 43920 RM model, copper/pink finish
9. Lamberto / Bespoke pendant light above pool table and Mr Porter chef table – CUM + Tube collection, black metal glass color finish - designed by B+K
10. Segis, Stellar Works, Wittmann, De La Espada, &Tradition, Cassina, Molteni&C, Ansuner, Riva 1920, Living Divani / Loose Furniture