TVA worked with the collaborative team at Bend Studio to develop office space tailored to their specific workplace needs, essentially being in extremely dim or nearly dark environments throughout the workday. Security was a key driver as well given the highly competitive nature of the gaming industry and the need for confidentiality.
Stepping into the main reception area, visitors quickly become immersed in an environment that reflects the post-apocalyptic world of Sony’s recent game title, “Days Gone.” Distressed wood siding and raw steel details create an industrial loft aesthetic to the interior. A large common space provides opportunities for everyone to connect and discuss the latest project developments. Directly adjacent to this space is a commissary that provides food and drinks during the nearly 24-hour use of the space. A small screening room for teams has oversized sliding doors that acoustically isolates the space when needed, but keeps the environment more accessible to the open office during most of the day.
Material Used :
1. Spinneybeck/Filzfelt, Hanging Felt Panels with custom CNC-milled pattern (divider wall on Level 3 with Sony’s controller button pattern)
2. 3Form, Chroma Panel in Powder 03 color (backlit resin panel at reception desk)
3. Viridian Woods, Good Neighbor Reclaimed Wood Paneling in ShouSugi Ban finish (accent wood at the reception area)
4. Zintra Acoustic Solutions, Felt Wall Panel in Ash color
5. Cascade Audio Engineering, Acoustic Poly Wall Panels in Charcoal color
6. Mosa Global Collection Wall Tile in Plain White Unbleached color
7. Shaw Contract, Vertical Layers Collection in Undertone color carpet tile
8. Armstrong Flooring, Excelon SDT Static Dissipative Tile in Armor Gray color