The desire to generate unsuspected domestic spaces and to create new ways of life in dense urban fabrics are the main motivations of this project.
A sequence of courtyards permeates the architecture and becomes its organizational structure.
A first courtyard, that acts as a foyer in-between the public space and the domestic sphere, provides privacy, silence and wellness.
On the ground floor multiple and flexible spaces co-exist. Without walls, without partitions, working and living spaces are defined by the singular presence of different courtyards.
A relationship of immediacy is established with exterior spaces.They introduce light, air, sun and allow contact with vegetation and natural soils. Vertical mobile facades and horizontal protection surfaces collaborate in the appropriation of these exterior spaces according to the needs of the inhabitants and the environmental conditions.
A central interior space reconciles daily life taking place on the lower floor andrest activity on the upper floor.
The architecture maintains an intended small scale that unfolds in the depth of the plot. At the interior limit an annex pavilion of work and isolation becomes an observatory of the domestic activity.
The volumetric fragmentation of solid elements recovers the imaginary of vernacular living and production spaces. Moreover, it is emphasized with sloping stony roofs that pour the water into the different courtyards.
The project is defined by a unique materiality of white exposed concrete, which to the interior and exterior of the houseis both structure and tactile texture.
Material Used :
1. Facade cladding: White exposed concrete, wood planking, LafergeHolcim
2. Flooring: Ceramic flooring, Bottega Caliza, Porcelanosa
3. Doors: Oak-veneered plywood
4. Windows: Aluminium profiles, 4600 Lift & Slide HI, Cortizo / External venetian blind, Aluflex, Griesser
5. Roofing: Teruel travertine stone cladding
6. Interior lighting: Downlight, INOX_S, Nexia / Suspension Lamps BCN 120_AIR, Nexia / Suspension Lamps, Smithfield Suspension, Flos
7. Interior furniture: Table and chairs, Junco collection, Teulat / Chairs, Dam and Sadira collection, Teulat / Fauteuil, Nabi collection, Teulat / Furniture, Corvo collection, Teulat