Easy to install SONTE Film fits on existing windows, controls room’s natural light settings and provides sun and UV protection for energy savings
SONTE Film™ is the first ever Wi-Fi enabled digital shade that instantly switches windows from opaque to clear in less than a second. The film pairs with a free smartphone app that allows users to turn SONTE Film “on” for see-through windows and “off” for opaque windows. Users can also use the app to control a room’s privacy and lighting remotely for last-minute energy savings. The customizable digital shade is easy to install and affordable and, doubles as a projection screen. This first-of-its-kind digital shade launches today on Kickstarter.com in an effort to bring SONTE Film into homes even sooner.
SONTE’s sleek digital shade solves common design roadblocks such as bulky blinds and expensive window treatments with an affordable and easy installation process which you can watch here. And, because you can cut the film into any shape or size, it can be applied to just about any glass surface including living room windows, kitchen windows, bathroom windows, office windows and glass partitions.
“Curtains have been around for thousands of years without much improvement,” said Bernard Kwan, CEO and Co-founder of SONTE. “The small advances that have been made, such as motorized shades and smart glass, can be extremely expensive and complex to install. With SONTE Film, we set out to revolutionize the industry of windows and curtains to make digital shade technology affordable and easy to use for all.”
SONTE film is designed to be do-it-yourself and completely customizable. To install, measure the window and cut the film to the size you need. The electrostatic cling adhesive back allows you to simply peel and stick the film onto the glass. Once SONTE Film has been affixed, place the quarter-sized proprietary conducting clip on the film and plug in the extra-slim cord to the Wi-Fi enabled transformer. The cord is comparable to a slim audio cord and can be easily hidden along or behind walls. The film is just as easy to uninstall and can be removed without leaving behind residue. The kit comes with SONTE Film, Wi-Fi enabled transformer (one single unit), connector and cables and cleaning kit.
The SONTE team designs, develops and produces its digital shade technology and is seeking crowd-funding support to make it affordable and accessible for all. Pledges will be used to expand team, facilities and, most importantly, output so consumers can have SONTE Film in their home or office sooner.
DIY digital shades instantly transform window transparency via your iOS or Android device
· Easy-to-install, Wi-Fi-enabled digital shade allows you to control the amount of light that passes through windows, going from see-through to opaque in less than a second
· Affordable, DIY solution that is completely customizable—just measure your window, cut film to desired size and shape, and stick to your window
· Free smartphone app makes it quick and easy to control the digital shades
· No sticky residue from the electrostatic cling adhesive—ideal for renters and homeowners
· When in opaque state, the digital shade can be used as a projection screen
· Helps reduce energy cost in the home by filtering UV and sun rays
· Ideal for glass partitions and windows in the home, office or storefront
· Kit comes with SONTE Film, Wi-Fi enabled transformer (one single unit), connector and cables, and cleaning kit
Press Contact: Jen Mangham Max Borges Agency Account Executive Tel: 305-374-4404 x191 JenMangham@maxborgesagency.com