The Switzer Group provided design services for the expansion and restacking of Aspen Insurance at 590 Madison Avenue. The client acquired 24,000 SF of a new floor in addition to their previous two, occupying a total of 72,327 rentable square feet in the building.
The project was led by Max Kawer from The Switzer Group and Carmen-Miller from Aspen Insurance. The client desired a contemporary image with natural light to complement the client’s art collection. The open work place layout includes an art gallery corridor to showcase work, in addition to added conference rooms and various collaboration spaces. Sit-Stand capability was included in the work station standards for both open work space and private offices.
Because of the extensive artwork, The Switzer Group created a branded image throughout the architectural design of the space. Finishes include a Fitzfelt wall treatment, stone, glass, and metal trimming. The project was completed on schedule and budget.
Material Used :
1. Mosa – Floor Tile – Terra Maestricht
2. Tandus – Open Area Carpet - Cartography
3. Mannington - Pantry Floor – Spacia Exotic Walnut
4. Unika Vaev – Acoustic Wallcovering - Persuasion
5. Filzfelt – Acoustic Wall Panels – Aro Plank
6. Chase Erwin – Decorative Wallcovering - Cork
7. Wood Ceiling – Decoustics - Solo
8. Baswaphon – Sound-absorbing Ceiling Treatment – Classic Fine
9. Modernus – Glass Office Fronts
10. Flos – Decorative Lighting