Our clients for this northwest facing residence, in Delhi, are members of a 3 generation joint family. Built on a narrow 326 sqm. plot, their home faces a busy city road in a dense precinct. The design reconciles the acute lack of visual privacy on the site with their desire for an open, light-filled and convivial home that brings together their family and their friends.
Our approach steps away from conventional circulation and spatial arrangements, typical to such plotted residences (that share party walls), by considering the built volume as a breached monolith rather than as a composition of fenestrated volumes and surface renders. Faceted and insulated stone facades protect the house from the lack of privacy to the front, and similarly the service areas, en suites and closets are planned at the rear to mitigate southern heat gain.
1. Brand / Marble - Stonex India pvt ltd
2. Brand / Glass and Aluminium - Art-N-Glass Inc.
3. Brand / Steel - TATA Steel Ltd.
4. Brand / Wooden Decking - Notion luxury flooring concepts
5. Elevator - Kone Elevators India pvt ltd
6. Sanitary ware and fittings - Hansgrohe and Laufen
7. Door and windows - Metra windows
8. Furniture - Desiree SPA Italy
9. Kitchen - Gruppo Euromobil
10. Lighting - Vizion lighting pvt ltd 11. Plumbing - Viega and Ostendorf 12. HVAC - Mitsubishi