Hudson Woods launched with 26 lots on 131‐forested‐acres in Kerhonkson NY, in the Catskills in 2014. Throughout the development process, every decision by Lang Architecture, designer and developer of the project, has been deliberate with the goal to seamlessly integrate the homes into the natural landscape: the position of each home is planned to take advantage of the angle of the sun year‐round. The properties are meticulously built from locally‐sourced, sustainable materials and using local labor. A supply of bluestone discovered on the grounds has been crushed as gravel to construct the roads. Interior wood and millwork adhere to Forest Stewardship Council guidelines, while finishes used contain zero volatile organic compounds for improved air quality. At Hudson Woods, architecture and nature form a symbiotic coexistence.
The basic home design, with its chosen materials, remains the same, offering the choice between a 3‐bedroom or a 2‐bedroom option. Buyers are then presented with a menu of 30 “upgrades,” including copper roofing, fruit‐tree groves and kids’ playhouses, enabling them to build their property to their liking, while staying true to the Hudson Woods lifestyle. This streamlined process makes building a second home feasible for busy urbanites lacking the time to take on a renovation project.
The model home is styled with custom‐designed furniture form area makers like Sam Moyer, Allied Maker and Sawkille, mixed in with curated pieces from brands like Carl Hansen and Smeg. There is a licensing agreement in place for some of the custom furniture designed for the model cabin.
Material Used :
1. Architectural metal – Andrew Becker Design – Custom Black Oxide Interior Steel
2. Wood flooring – Allegheny Mountain Hardwood – White Oak R&Q Natural
3. Windows – ECOSUPPLY Bildau & Bussman – Double Glazed Wood Windows
4. Door hardware – Sun Valley Bronze – L-112, W2 Medium Pewter
5. Interior paneling – Allegheny Mountain Hardwood – White Oak Plank
6. Poured Concrete Sink – Trueform Concrete -
7. Ceramic tile – Heath Tile – Jade Manganese
8. Floor coverings – Cloak Rugs – Lana Undyed Virgin Wool Rug
9. Kitchen Island & Pantry – Samuel Moyer & Texeira Soapstone – Solid Black Walnut & Anastacia Soap Stone
10. Interior ambient lighting – Allied Maker – Bell Pendant, Brass & Oak