The realtor selling this spec home asked us to evaluate the landscape to make the property more marketable. We elevated the landscape to match the modern design of the house by renowned architecture firm, Baldridge Architects. We upgraded the front yard and driveway by creating better circulation to the front door with a concrete paver walkway, reducing the existing grass withbasalt gravel vegetative beds, and adding texture and softness to the space with planters featuring sun and shade loving plants.
For the backyard, we created a level living spacethat connects to the sunken patio and is framed by colors and textures of dense plants. We also placed additional steel-edged beds along the fence and filled them with shade plants and clumping bamboo for privacy. The central grassy space was left as a placeholder for a future pool.
Material Used :
1. 5/8” Texas Basalt Gravel as surface treatment
2. Raw steel for edging and retaining walls
3. Poured-in-place concrete pavers for walkway
4. Shade-loving plants in backyard
5. Sun- and shade-loving plants in front yard
6. Clumping bamboo for screening and thresholds