Located in the Southeast of the town of Chiclana de la Frontera, within the limits of the urban area, the plot object of this project is immersed in an eminently residential environment. The proposed building is of elongated shape, with its longitudinal axis oriented in a West-East direction, placed parallel to the northern boundary of the plot and separated about 4m. from it.
The resulting arrangement of housing and pool within the plot is due to the pursuit of the following objectives:
- Locate housing in the area with the least slope of the plot.
- Design the whole program of the house on only one floor.
- Orient housing towards the South, in order to achieve optimal sunlight in this geographical area.
- Conserve the two large pines existing in the Southeast vertex of the plot.
- Place the access, both pedestrian and road, in the most accessible area of the plot.
The day area has been designed with large windows to the patio and to the clear area of the plot in order that in times of fair weather the room can be considered as a semi-outdoor space and the circulations inside-outside are easy, without obstacles and with a variety of routes. The integration of the kitchen in the living room, also allows that it can also participate in the ventilation and lighting provided by the large gaps in the walls of the living room, while having a direct access to an outdoor laundry area, hidden from the view from the living room .
The bedrooms are all facing south, so they will receive direct sunlight, while the distribution hall, facing north, will receive indirect light through a large horizontal window protected and filtered by a ceramic lattice.
Material Used :
1. Lattice ceramic pieces - Cerámica a mano alzada
2. Aluminium carpentry - Strugal
3. White cement- mortar lining - Puma
4. Sanitary fittings - Roca
5. Electrical mechanisms - Jung
6. Dry walls - Knauf