This family home in Yarraville celebrates sun, seasons and togetherness, intertwining inside and out, creating spaces that engage the senses and change with the seasons.
The house makes the most of the block’s northern aspect. The raked roof,designed to capture sun in winter and breezes in summer, defines the architecture of the house and character of the external spaces.
Although the multitude of garden and outdoor spaces encourage you to live outdoors, it’s also a house designed to enjoy the outdoors while indoors through natural light, ventilation and connections to garden and sky. From reclining in the living room in the soft light of the grape vine as it reddens in autumn to feeling the cool breezes provided by the shady courtyard and pond as you relax in the sunken lounge on a hot summers day,from bathing in sunlight in midwinter to gazing into the courtyard’s carpet of greenery while washing the dishes, the family is invited to sit back, contemplate and enjoy their house through the seasons and years.
Material Used :
1. Colour bondnail strip cladding - Metal Cladding Systems
2. Timber cladding, decking and lining boards – Radial timber
3. Feature lighting – Mark Douglas
4. Lighting, general – Light project
5. Tiles – “Artisan” range from Southern Cross ceramics
6. Water tank – Atlantis flo - Tank Modular tank system
7. Black cork flooring – WalkEasy from comcork