This new central building logically fits into the typical pavilion system of the clinics 1908 master plan. Two parallel longitudinal sections are connected by two intermediate buildings. The construction of the new buildings with their delicate glass facades is consciously set apart from the older landmark-protected buildings from the turn of the century. The design of the patient ward represents a welcome break from the typical hospital cliches. The individual patient rooms are carefully designed down to the last detail and exude a discreet charm thanks to their color and material concepts. That a hospital facility conceived over one hundred years ago can still be expanded today in a logical way testifies to the concepts longevity.