E + E Fitness is a tenant finish-out project at the base of a multi-family building in East Austin, TX. The program was to create distinct spaces for fitness classes that include kick boxing and boot-camp training. There is also a more private room designated for personal training.
Despite its compact 4000 square footplan, the common spaces feel generous and inviting. The lobby encourages gathering in between classes and provides a sense of casual comfort through warm, natural materials, furnishings and lighting. The entry is activated by glimpses into the kickboxing studio beyond the reception desk and the bootcamp studio just off the lobby.
Blackened steel, white oak millwork, and polished concrete compose the primary materials. This palette reflects the broader intention behind the design of the space - raw but refined, industrial but warm.
Material Used :
1. Juniper - Wall Mount - Thin Primary
2. Vibia - Pendant Light - Wireflow Freeform
3. Cedar and Moss - Pendant Light - Alto
4. Tegan Lighting - Track Mount - Claro
5. Juno - Recessed Fixture - 2” LED
6. Juno - Track Mount - T315
1. Mosa - Wall and Floor Tile - Terra Maestricht
2. Daltile - Wall Tile - 6x6
3. Caeser Stone - Solid Surface Countertops - Cloudburst Concrete
4. WoodCo. - Wall Cladding - White Oak T&G
5. Armstrong - Acoustic Ceiling - Invisacoustics Basic