The client wanted to build a residential complex with 30 medium-standard apartments, loggias and amenities – mainly a swimming pool and a pool bar. Considering the location, characterized by an extremely hot weather, heavy rainfall and aggressive conditions due to the sea air, one of the main challenges was choosing materials and technical solutions so that the building would not only resist to these conditions, but also provide comfort despite them. Another challenge was delivering this kind of solutions despite a budget restriction. Therefore, as an example, the material that was chosen for the external cladding was a high-quality, weather-resistant plaster with various finishings, that create an interesting pattern in the façade.
There was also a challenge related to the maximum permitted area versus the number of apartments that were required, even more so considering that each one of them needed a good loggia. This was achieved in the project and now each apartment has its own external space, which not only provides spatial quality, but also helps controlling the heat inside the building.
Structures: Wecom SA de CV
Installation: Ingenieria Global SA de CV
1. Facade cladding: Acrylic plaster, Mapla, various finishings
2. Flooring: Glazed porcelain, Evolution Gray, Firenze
3. Doors: Varnished wood, custom-made by local artisans
4. Windows: Aluminium, Cuprum fixtures, Ventalia
5. Roofing: Microcement, CEMEX – Mapla
6. Interior lighting: Led, Lucida, Tecnolite