Located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s Financial District in the First Canadian Place Building, King Taps is a 10,450-sf restaurant and bar, featuring 450 seats, two bars and two patios sprawled over two stories. Assembledge+ designed the spaces with a refined palette of black walnut, artisan tile, reclaimed brick, Carrara marble, steel and brass. Furnishings include butcher-block walnut tables, black leather seating, brass pendant lighting, and accent bar stools. State-of-the-art technology has been infused in every detail, from the screens and booths that are equipped with USB and electrical outlets, to the kitchen, featuring pizza ovens and sophisticated beer tap equipment.
The key to the restaurant/bar was to maximize opportunities for open-air dining with sliding glass panels to accommodate weather year-around, while taking in the views and engaging all the energy and action of the community.
Material Used :
1. Dynamic Architectural Windows and Doors – Steel Windows and Doors – Steel-Arte Series
2. Ann Sacks – Exterior Decorative Tile – Ceramic Savoy Mosaic
3. Marrazi – Porcelain Floor Tile – Monolith Series
4. Porcelanosa – Wood-Look Porcelain Tile – Parker Series
5. Thompson Building Materials – Veneer Brick – Real Used Brick Collection
6. Spinneybeck – Booth Upholstery – DT Black
7. Allied Maker – Table Pendant Lights - Composers
8. Infratech – Electric Radiant Heaters – WD-60