This project is a contemporary addition to a turn-of-the-century terrace house in inner Sydney.
By reorienting the courtyard to the side ofblock, the project challenges the typical terrace configuration. It creates a north facing side garden extending the full length of the addition.
The project is a compact building with a slender footprint, where each interior space relates to a new garden room. An equivalency of interior and exterior space is created, expanding the spatial relationship beyond the building envelope.
The addition is made up of two pure forms, each addressing its own garden. The concrete volume on the ground floor opens north to the long garden court, while a cantilevered timber box floating above opens east to a roof garden.
Material Used :
1. Lysaght - Roofing –Klip-lock roof decking
2. The Woodage - External walls –Malas FSC timber cladding, Livos natural oil finish
3. Murobond - External walls – Brickwork in off-white paint
4. Recycled sandstock bricks - Internal walls
5. AMA – Windows – Natural anodized sliding doors
6. Concrete – Flooring – Trowelled with matt satin sealer
7. Flos – Lighting – Easy Kap surface mounted downlights
8. Zumtobel – Lighting – Bega floodlights
9. Inlite – Lighting – Deep Starr recessed downlights
10. Poliform – Kitchen joinery – Oak with white varnish
11. Abey – Kitchen sink – Barazza stainless steel
12. Vola – Kitchen mixer – KV1
13. Liebherr – Fridge – integrated
14. Duravit – Basin – Happy D2