Since September 2015, the plastic surgery practice is located on the first floor of a class listed building, dating back to 1912, in the centre of Rhodes. Aiming to preserve and emphasize the new from within the old, the interior space was renovated with subtlety to be transformed into a contemporary, functional medical practice with all the necessary equipment but without losing its charm Italian-architecture characteristics.
The practice is bisected by a wide airy corridor that houses the reception and lounge area, and ends in a sunny balcony at one end. From it branch the entrance, two offices, an operating room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
The white color of the walls radiates a sense of cleanliness and sterility while simultaneously it stands in contrast to the colorful variety and the geometric patterns of the old floor tiles. A smooth and uniform cement mortar layer fills the voids of the floor, where the tiles are missing.
All the furniture and the lighting, except for the office desks and chairs, is custom-made by the studio. The design of the furniture is inspired by the human anatomy, as well as by the important (for both architecture and plastic surgery) meaning of “section-incision”.