The building is located just outside Ferrara and it is made up of a combination of elementary volumes which, thanks to different heights, give life to a succession of full and empty spaces.
A careful choice of the materials, the building orientation, the wide glasses that maximize natural sunlight as well as a careful study of a wide range of household technology have allowed to achieve a remarkable result in terms of sustainability with a nearly zero-energy building (NZEB) performance. The house is provided with a finely designed heat recovery ventilation system and is totally void of any traditional heating facilities. Heat from indoor air and from sunlight, together with a high level of insulation, ensures maximum comfort even on freezing days. A large storage heating fireplace can keep the house warm over long periods of bad weather or foggy days.
Lime and zeolite plasters offer extremely high quality indoor air by allowing constant air purification. Natural wood floors contribute to making both the living and sleeping areas of the house warm and comfortable, though keeping to cool chromatic tones. On the other hand, ceramic floors make the hall areas, the kitchen, the laundry room, the garage and the bathrooms extremely functional.
Great care has been devoted to lighting, with a good deal of recessed lights playing a key role in harmonizing the architectural and lighting features of the building. A state-of-the-art home automation equipment connects to all the systems in the house - photovoltaic, façade awnings, lighting, cooling, heat recovery ventilation, alarm, access, audio equipment - thus making life in there such a simple and natural experience, as well as allowing careful energy and management monitoring of the whole building.
Photovoltaic panels with energy storage system completes the equipment of this prestigious house, which could be built thanks to the sense of initiative of far-sighted customers who, with courage and curiosity, aimed at the best possible combination of the lowest environmental impact with the highest comfort and safety standards.
Material Used :
1. Isotex – wood cement formwork blocks – HDIII 44/20 graphite
2. Isotex – wood cement floorslabs – flooring panels S25
3. Ursa – basement and roof insulation – NIII L
4. Danese – fixtures – ECO92
5. Hormann – sectional door – LPU42
6. Hormann – entrance door - Thermocarbon
7. Simes – external lights - step
8. Simes – external lights – ghost concrete
9. Hoxter – fireplace – HAKA 110/51 th
10. Studio italia design – table lamps – skyfall
11. Macrolux – recessed lights – MTII 27
11. Griesser - facade-awnings - solo zip II
12. Hoval – VMC System – Homevent RS 300
13. Veneta Cucine – kitchen – Ri-flex
14. Siemens – appliances – iq700
15. Opificio Bioaedilitia – plaserwork – calx antiqua
16. Avalon wood – wooden floors – Fog white
17. Pivato – internal doors – Vivace
18. Henry Glass – sliding doors - Classic