WICONA provides high performance aluminium façade systems, including curtain walling, unitised façades, windows and doors, combined with a high level of technical expertise.
The Sapa Building Systems brand WICONA is dedicated to providing the most technically advanced curtain walling available today, together with the most comprehensive design and façade management team.
WICONA has more than 20 years’ experience in unitised façade solutions across Europe. The business has an impressive portfolio of completed applications, which illustrates the design possibilities of aluminium curtain walling.
WICONA’s services include working with specifiers on design concepts, overseeing fabrication, installation, and testing to manage a full façade project with its partners to ensure a seamless approach.
Unitised curtain walling is central to WICONA’s façade solutions. This approach allows specifiers to apply modern methods of construction to the building envelope – reducing time on site, improving quality and safety and offering an infinite variety of aesthetic variations.
Wicona undertakes major façade schemes in the UK. Recent applications include:
• New Providence Wharf, London. Architects: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
• The award-winning Rochdale Interchange. AHR Architects
• The Cube, Birmingham. Architects: Make
• St Paul’s Apartments, Sheffield. Architects: Conran & Partners
• The multi award-winning Beatson Cancer Research Facility, Glasgow. Architects: Reiach and Hall.
International applications of Wicona’s solutions include:
• Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Germany. Architects: Staab Architekten
• Tamedia, Zurich. Architects: Shigeru Ban
• Tornado Tower, Qatar. Architects: CICO/SIAT
• E-Tower, Brazil. Architects: Afalo and Gasperini.