A young couple living in Ticino (Switzerland) requested our help to renovate their parents' apartment in a completely different way.
How can we not run to their aid?
The requests were very simple: to maintain the current conformation of the spaces going to completely upset the internal aesthetics of the house and have a project in line with their tastes that knows how to combine aesthetics and functionality.
The study of the use of the house has led to maintaining the original shape of the spaces, going to implement only minor changes, first was closed the access to the second bathroom to open it on the master bedroom, was reviewed the distribution and the position of the elements in both bathrooms, was enlarged the opening of the kitchen to visually expand the space (but at the same time' maintaining the ability to isolate the room itself) and finally was introduced a separation between the entrance and the sleeping area. The use of new finishes and the careful study of each environment has completely transformed the face of the house.
The design idea comes from the desire to characterize what is the entrance and the night corridor, where the use of a ral color studied together with the choice of the floor has characterized the context, and thanks to the use of doors rasomuro of the same color of the walls, everything has been transformed into a colorful box. The chromatic contrast was then accentuated by the use of a particular lighting given by beams of light (created through recessed LEDs) that positioned at 45 degrees in a discontinuous way create a path of light of strong character.
The idea of using materials in neutral tones coexists with the addition of coloured furnishings and decorative elements, such as the application of a wallpaper both in the living room behind the living room and in the double bedroom, which characterises the wall of the headboard of the bed, or the choice of seats with a strong ochre contrast that warms up the room and goes well with the wooden table and crystal legs of the Lago line. The living room wall is distinguished by the neutral grey tone of the columns and by the strong presence of the TV wall unit made by Lago, which has the same colour and finish as the table.
The strong presence of the fireplace, wanted by the owners, is emphasized by the use of a black sheet metal covering, but the contrasting white base gives a feeling of lightness to everything. The lighting plays a fundamental role in exalting certain stylistic choices and thanks to the lighting engineering studio provided by ELuce, the lighting is pleasant and very comfortable. The lowering in plasterboard placed on almost the entire house has allowed to play with recessed spotlights and gorges light emphasizing the design choices of each individual room.
Material Used :
1. Marble and cement effect porcelain stoneware - master bathroom – Refin ceramiche – Deck and Statuario Calacatta
2. Cementine and porcelain stoneware with cement effect - the first bathroom – Ceramiche Sant’Agostino – Set and patchwork Black & White
3. Wood effect porcelain – Floor – Refin ceramiche - Deck
4. Rasomuro doors with RAL colour – Garofoli - Rasomuro
5. Sheet metal cladding for the chimney
6. Wallpaper for the living room - Glamora -
7. Glass door for the kitchen – Rimadesio - Velaria
8. Wallpaper for the living room - Adriani e Rossi
9. Light – Artemide – Pirce, Melampo, Tolomeo parete
10. Light table – Normann copenhagen – Amp Lamp
11. Table living – Lago – Air
12. Chair living – Midji – Sonny
13. Kitchen – Cesar
14. Cementine Porcelain on the kitchen floor – Floor – ceramiche Sant‘Agostino – patchwork classic
15. Furniture – Bedroom (wardrobe, bedside tables, dresser) – Novamobili
16. Furniture – Living room – San Giacomo by Molteni Mobili and Lago (for TV).
17. Armored door – Bauxt – Monolite RM