This project involves the renovation and extension of a semi-detached Victorian terrace in North Fitzroy, Victoria.
Existing living spaces have been reconfigured to create a more immediate connection with the rear yard, while a master bedroom, ensuite and study were added to the first floor to accommodate the growing family.
The gable front of the original period house has been reinterpreted in a site responsive and 3 dimensional way; shifting in response to neighbouring properties, dematerialising to create a semi-transparent privacy screen, and expanding to accommodate an elevated garden bed that brings greenery to the base of the first floor bedroom.
Material Used :
1. Woodform shiplap timber cladding – Blackbutt
2. Gunnersens internal plywoood lining – Whittle Wax finish
3. Lysaght Spandek roofing – Ironstone finish
4. Supertuft carpet flooring – Escape Tiwist in colour Tease
5. Mondoluce track light – Barro Spot
6. Caesarstone reconsituted stone benchtop – colours Oyster and Free Spirit
7. Abey undermount kitchen sink - Quadrato
8. Miele cooktop and ovens
9. Qasair Rangehood
10. Zucchetti tapware – Isystick range
11. Bridware accessories – City range
12. Japanese Bath Co. bath
13. Classic Ceramics tiles –Gloss black, Gloss sage, Alaska matt and Vogue Latte matt
14. Urban Salvage timber floorboards and decking – Yellow stringbark